MAUI, Hawaii, December 5, 2017 – HP Inc. today unveiled the HP ENVY x2, an Always Connected PC that combines the best of a smartphone experience with the best of a Windows PC. Impossibly thin and incredibly durable, the HP ENVY x2 offers lightning fast 4G LTE and Wi-Fi and features the world’s longest battery life in a Windows detachable.
The striking HP ENVY x2 utilizes the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile PC platform, giving users the freedom to be mobile with instant-on access to applications. With up to 20 hours of battery life, the detachable PC is built to enhance video streaming for binge-watching and provides flexibility and connectivity to perform daily tasks while on the go.
“A growing number of consumers are looking for more reliable connectivity throughout their days, and they are twice as likely to purchase a PC when it comes with built-in 4G LTE,” said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer personal systems, HP, Inc. “The HP ENVY x2, with the world’s longest battery life in a Windows detachable PC, delivers the next generation of Always Connected PCs by providing a seamless experience anywhere life takes you.”
“Qualcomm Technologies is pleased to extend our long-standing mobile and connectivity leadership together with HP to deliver a new category of Always Connected PCs,” said Cristiano Amon, Executive Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. and President, Qualcomm CDMA Technologies (QCT). “The HP Envy x2 successfully utilizes our expertise in these areas to offer consumers an exciting new PC experience in a compelling form factor with LTE and Wi-Fi connectivity, changing the ways in which people can interact with and use their personal computers.”
The beautiful and durable HP ENVY x2 with Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ is optimized for extraordinary battery life and an always on experience. Specific features include:
- Go everywhere design: The fanless and incredibly thin and light CNC Machined Aluminum tablet is 6.9 mm and 1.54 lbs. It features a brilliant 12.3-inch diagonal touch WUXGA+ display with Corning® Gorilla® Glass 4 for increased durability and scratch resistance when on the go.
- Versatility for on the go: The ENVY x2 is wrapped in a sophisticated leather-like textured case in Oxford Blue and integrates a 110 to 150-degree adjustable stand to transform the device into laptop mode for comfortable viewing. The backlit keyboard has a 1.3 mm key travel for a smooth typing experience in any lighting condition. Easily switch to tablet mode to view videos and unleash creativity with the Windows Ink pen for a natural drawing and writing experience with simultaneous pen and touch.
- Ultra-fast LTE and powerful performance: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X16 LTE modem supports 4G LTE-Advanced with ultra-fast downlink speeds allows for blazing fast connections. Users will also have the performance to do more with the speedy and power efficient Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 Mobile PC platform, multi-task with up to 8 GB LPDDR4X PoP memory, and store movies and pictures with up to 256 GB10 of storage.
- Productivity with richer connected experiences: Windows 10 S11 provides reliable access to familiar and verified applications like Microsoft Office and Microsoft Edge while on the go. Users get added security benefits to protect against phishing and malicious software. Users will also have a one-time option to switch to Windows 10 Pro11 to access the full ecosystem of Windows applications.
- Optimized battery life: Binge-watch your favorite show with battery life up to 20 hours and get up to 700 hours in Connected Modern Standby with the power efficient Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 architecture to be always on and in sync for instant-on access.
For more information on the HP ENVY x2, visit the Online Press Kit.
HP ENVY x2 Pricing and Availability
HP ENVY x2 will be available is Spring 2018. Pricing and mobile carriers will be disclosed closer to product availability.