Students remember information when it’s timely and compelling. With the Lanier MP C4503SP TE for Education Color Laser Multifunction Printer (MFP) they can share classroom materials with exceptional color in multiple formats quickly. Faculty, staff and students can take advantage of its specially designed features and available optional cloud applications to get their best ideas noticed.
Put productivity front and center Everybody on campus is racing to stay on schedule. Keep them one step ahead by placing the MP C4503SP TE in computer labs, student centers and other centralized popular locations. Users can print up to 45 color pages per minute, scan hardcopies into digitized files and fax without paper. Best of all, they can customize workflows to do it quickly and securely.
Safeguard your work and your budget Protect against nefarious threats in the most high-traffic areas on campus. Use encryption tools to help protect critical information. Defend against paper theft with a built-in lock on all paper trays. The by-pass tray is sealed, so students and staff can’t use incompatible paper that may cause jams. You can even use an optional integrated bracket to affix an ID card reader and/or keyboard permanently to the device to reduce vandalism and deter unauthorized use.
Share information digitally Students and educators can interact by scanning hardcopy notes, term papers, syllabi and other educational documents directly from the MFP to a wide range of web-enabled optional cloud applications. They can even upload the information directly to Blackboard® Learn or other learning management systems (LMSs), and access up-to-date additions and addendums from a smartphone or tablet.
Make color a primary focus Add exceptional color to your classroom presentations at up to 1200 dpi resolution to make them stand out from the crowd. Placing the MFP in a graphics-intensive environment? Add the optional Fiery® Controller so students and staff can produce output on par with professional printers at a fraction of the price. Give printed job a professional-grade touch with your choice of five powerful finishers.
Tailor your own workflows Simplify the user experience with a dynamic, easy-to-use, customizable home screen. Set one-click shortcuts to save steps and reduce errors for commonly used MFP tasks. The 10.1” Wide Super VGA optional Smart Operation Panel brings the familiar pinch-and-click and swipe scrolling navigation from personal mobile devices to your multifunction device for even faster multitasking.
Add mobile convenience When information stops moving, students stop learning. Let users print from any application, including your LMS, directly to the MP C4503SP TE without adding wires or print drivers. They can simply send the file and print it in person when they enter a security code at the device.
Monitor every click Hold students and staff accountable. With user authentication, you know every user and every task they perform. Use that knowledge — along with your choice of optional tracking software – to issue chargebacks accurately. You can even schedule reports to be sent directly to your inbox to expedite billing tasks.
Support green campus initiatives With both an EPEAT® Gold rating and ENERGY STAR® certification, the MP C4503 TE is good for workflows and the environment. Conserve energy, reduce paper use and minimize costs with a host of features, including automatic duplexing, innovative PxP® toner that melts at lower temperatures, and a recovery from sleep mode that’s less than 10 seconds.
Find exactly what you’re looking for The MP C4503SP TE Multifunction Printers for Education designed specifically to meet the unique challenges of today’s campus environments.
- 4-Drum Method
Output Speed (Copy/Print)
- 45-ppm B&W & FC (LTR)
- Less than 20 seconds
Recovery from Sleep Mode
- Less than 10 seconds
First Copy Time (FC/B&W)
- 5.7/4 seconds
- 600 dpi
- Up to 999 copies
- Standard: 500 sheets
Maximum: 3,625 sheets
- 25% – 400% in 1% increments
- 23.1" x 27.0" x 37.9" (587 x 685 x 963 mm)
- 220.2 lbs. (99.9 kg)
- 120V – 127V, 60Hz, 12A
- 1,584W or less
- 1.87 kWh/week*
Typical Electricity Consumption by ENERGY STAR Qualified Imaging Equipment Test Procedure
Single Pass Document Feeder (SPDF)
- Original Capacity: 220 sheets
Original Size: 5.5" x 8.5" – 11" x 17" (A5 – A3)
Simplex: 11 – 34 lb. Bond (40 – 128 g/m²)
Duplex: 14 – 34 lb. Bond (52 – 128 g/m²)
- 2,200 pages
Supported Paper Sizes
- 1st Paper Tray: 8.5" x 11" (A4)
2nd Paper Tray: 5.5" x 8.5" – 12" x 18", Envelopes
(148 – 600 mm) Fax/Printer; 5.8" – 18"
(148 – 457 mm) Copy/Document Server
Supported Paper Weights
- Standard Trays: 14 – 80 lb. Bond/166 lb. Index (52 – 300 g/m²)
Duplex Unit: 14 – 68 lb. Bond/142 lb. Index (52 – 256 g/m²)
- Plain, Recycled, Letterhead, Cardstock, Preprinted Paper, Bond Paper, High-Gloss Coated Paper, Color Paper, Envelopes, Labels* & OHP*
*Bypass Tray Only
PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
- Intel Celeron Processor U3405 1.07GHz
- 2GB RAM/250GB HDD Standard & Maximum
Page Description Languages
- Standard: PCL5c, PCL6, PDF Direct Print, Media Print & XPS
Optional: Adobe PostScript3, IPDS & PictBridge
- Standard: PCL: 45 Scalable fonts + International 13 fonts
Optional: PostScript 3: 136 Roman fonts;
IPDS: 108 Roman fonts
Max Print Resolution
- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Standard: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T Ethernet, USB2.0 Type A
(3 Ports), USB2.0 Type B & SD Slot on Operation Panel
Network Protocol Support
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX*
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Server 2003/
Server 2008/Server 2008R2/Server
2012, Netware 6.5*
Unix; Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO
OpenServer, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX,
Mac OS X v.10.5 or later,
SAP R/3, NDPS Gateway,
IBM iSeries AS/400-using OS/400
Host Print Transform
- Web SmartDeviceMonitor, Web Image Monitor, @Remote™
* Netware Option is required.
DOCUMENT SERVER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
Max. Stored Documents
- 3,000 documents
Max. Page Capacity
- 9,000 pages
SCANNER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
Supported File Formats
- Single/Multi-Page TIFF, PDF, High Compression PDF & PDF/A Single Page JPEG
- B&W and FC scanning at 100 – 600 dpi, Up to 1200 dpi for TWAIN scanning
Scanning Speed (B&W & Color LTR)
- 110 ipm Simplex / 180 ipm Duplex
- 11.7" x 17" (297 mm – 432 mm)
- B&W: MH, MR, MMR, JBIG2, JPEG Color: JPEG
FACSIMILE SPECIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL)
- Fax Option Type M4
- 200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi (with optional SAF memory)
- 33.6K – 2,400 bps w/Auto Fallback
- MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
- G3: Approximately 2 seconds/page (JBIG)
- Up to 82 spm
- 2,000 Quick/Speed Dial numbers; 100 Group Dial numbers
Memory Capacity (SAF)
- Standard: 4 MB (approx. 320 pages), Optional: 28 MB (approx. 2,240 pages) with optional SAF memory
- DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS), HDD Encryption, User Codes, SNMP v3 Support, Encryption, Locked Print, User Authentication, 802.1x Wired Authentication, Quota Setting/Account Limit, Digitally Signed PDF, and more