Knowledge comes quickly when students have the right information. The Lanier MP C5503SP TE for Education Color Laser Multifunction Printer (MFP) simplifies everyday tasks for students, faculty and staff and helps them showcase their best work. They can digitize documents and share them quickly via optional cloud-based applications — while using advanced security features to help safeguard information and budgets.
Place productivity first Once students fall behind, they may never catch up. Give them the MP C5503SP TE to share important notes, presentations and more with incredible speed and versatility. Place the MFP in libraries, computer labs and other popular spots so students and educators can print up to 55 color pages per minute, scan, copy and fax with convenient one-touch controls.
Find information anywhere Students and teachers can scan tests, images, course work and other hardcopy documents to a wide range of cloud-based applications, so they can access the information at any time from any web-enabled device. They can even share information with others by using the optional Blackboard® Learn, Canvas or other learning management systems (LMSs) directly from the MFP.
Color everybody impressed Make bright ideas even brighter. The MP C5503SP TE prints stunning documents — even on thicker paper — with 1200 dpi resolution using our proprietary PxP®-EQ toner, creating sharper lines and richer contrasts. For a professional-quality look for even the most graphics-intensive projects, add the Fiery® Controller for enhanced spot-color reproductions.
Promote responsibility for everybody Encourage more responsible behavior. With user authentication, you can track every user and every task to curb excessive printing. Pair it with optional tracking software to issue accurate chargebacks to students, instructors and departments.
Protect against threats Use a fixed, optional embedded bracket to help keep your ID card reader tamper-proof. It prevents those looking to bypass authentication from cutting wires or removing the reader. Use built-in locks to protect up to 2,200 sheets of paper in the drawers. The bypass tray is sealed to minimize paper jams caused by unsupported paper stocks.
Be ready to print from anywhere* Put faster printing at their fingertips. Users can print directly to the MFP with their smartphones or tablets — without wires, print drivers or last-second worries — and release it for printing with an access code when they arrive at the device.
Add a personal touch Customize the home screen with one-click shortcuts to frequently used tasks, such as scanning documents directly to your LMS. Replicate the pinch-and-flick and swipe scrolling found on other common handheld devices with the 10.1” Wide Super VGA Smart Operation Panel. Add optional third party software, such as Ricoh’s Personal Paperless Document Manager® NX, to personalize even the most advanced and complex workflows.
Protect your budget — and more Use automation to reduce costs. Schedule the MFP to power on or off when not in use. Automate meter reads with optional device management software. Set duplex printing as the default. Plus, you can take advantage of low typical electricity consumption (TEC) values, an EPEAT™ Gold rating and an ENERGY STAR™ certification to help keep both environmental impacts and costs low — day after day, user after user.
Find exactly what you’re looking for The MP C5503SP TE is part of our Multifunction Printers for Education Series designed specifically to meet the unique challenges of today’s campus environments.
- 4-Drum Method
Output Speed (Copy/Print)
- 55-ppm B&W & FC (LTR)
- Less than 20 seconds
Recovery from Sleep Mode
- Less than 10 seconds
First Copy Time (FC/B&W)
- 4.5/3.1 seconds
- 600 dpi
- Up to 999 copies
- Standard: 500 sheets
Maximum: 3,625 sheets
- 25% – 400% in 1% increments
- 23.1" x 27.0" x 37.9" (587 x 685 x 963 mm)
- 220.2 lbs. (99.9 kg)
- 120V – 127V, 60Hz, 12A
- 1,584W or less
- 2.6 kWh/week*
Typical Electricity Consumption by ENERGY STAR Qualified Imaging Equipment Test Procedure
Single Pass Document Feeder (SPDF)
- Original Capacity: 220 sheets
Original Size: 5.5" x 8.5" – 11" x 17" (A5 – A3)
Simplex: 11 – 34 lb. Bond (40 – 128 g/m²)
Duplex: 14 – 34 lb. Bond (52 – 128 g/m²)
- 2,200 pages
Supported Paper Sizes
- 1st Paper Tray: 8.5" x 11" (A4)
2nd Paper Tray: 5.5" x 8.5" – 12" x 18", Envelopes
Custom Sizes: Width: 3.5" – 12.6"
(90 – 320 mm), Length: 5.8" – 23.6"
(148 – 600 mm) Fax/Printer; 5.8" – 18"
(148 – 457 mm) Copy/Document Server
Supported Paper Weights
- Standard Trays: 14 – 80 lb. Bond/166 lb. Index (52 – 300 g/m²)
Duplex Unit: 14 – 68 lb. Bond/142 lb. Index (52 – 256 g/m²)
- Plain, Recycled, Letterhead, Cardstock, Preprinted Paper, Bond Paper, High-Gloss Coated Paper, Color Paper, Envelopes, Labels* & OHP*
PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
- Intel Celeron Processor U3405 1.07GHz
- 2GB RAM/250GB HDD Standard & Maximum
Page Description Languages
- Standard: PCL5c, PCL6, PDF Direct Print, Media Print & XPS
Optional: Adobe PostScript3, IPDS & PictBridge
- Standard: PCL: 45 Scalable fonts + International 13 fonts
Optional: PostScript 3: 136 Roman fonts;
IPDS: 108 Roman fonts
Max Print Resolution
- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Standard: 1000Base-T/100Base-TX/10Base-T Ethernet, USB2.0 Type A
(3 Ports), USB2.0 Type B & SD Slot on Operation Panel
Network Protocol Support
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX*
- Windows XP/Vista/7/8/Server 2003/
Server 2008/Server 2008R2/Server
2012, Netware 6.5*
Unix; Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO
OpenServer, RedHat Linux, IBM AIX,
Mac OS X v.10.5 or later,
SAP R/3, NDPS Gateway,
IBM iSeries AS/400-using OS/400
Host Print Transform
- Web SmartDeviceMonitor, Web Image Monitor, @Remote™
* Netware Option is required.
DOCUMENT SERVER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
Max. Stored Documents
- 3,000 documents
Max. Page Capacity
- 9,000 pages
SCANNER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
Supported File Formats
- Single/Multi-Page TIFF, PDF, High Compression PDF & PDF/A Single Page JPEG
- B&W and FC scanning at 100 – 600 dpi, Up to 1200 dpi for TWAIN scanning
Scanning Speed (B&W & Color LTR)
- 110 ipm Simplex / 180 ipm Duplex
- 11.7" x 17" (297 mm – 432 mm)
- B&W: MH, MR, MMR, JBIG2, JPEG Color: JPEG
FACSIMILE SPECIFICATIONS (OPTIONAL)
- Fax Option Type M4
- 200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi, 400 x 400 dpi (with optional SAF memory)
- 33.6K – 2,400 bps w/Auto Fallback
- MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
- G3: Approximately 2 seconds/page (JBIG)
- Up to 82 spm
- 2,000 Quick/Speed Dial numbers; 100 Group Dial numbers
Memory Capacity (SAF)
- Standard: 4 MB (approx. 320 pages), Optional: 28 MB (approx. 2,240 pages) with optional SAF memory
- DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS), HDD Encryption, User Codes, SNMP v3 Support, Encryption, Locked Print, User Authentication, 802.1x Wired Authentication, Quota Setting/Account Limit, Digitally Signed PDF, and more