Bring people and information together
Students and instructors share information every day. With the MP 3554SP TE, they can manage it quickly and securely from an easy-to-use MFP in high-traffic areas such as student centers, libraries and computer labs. Whether they're printing a presentation, scanning classroom notes, copying a syllabus or faxing information to admissions, they can do it all from one multifunction device.
Secure steady workflows
Help protect your investment with security features designed specifically for campus use. Decrease potential paper theft with built-in locks in the paper trays. Mount your ID card reader and/or keyboard directly to the device with an optional embedded, fixed bracket that hides exposed cables and helps keep users from avoiding authorization. Plus, the bypass tray is sealed to prevent users from jamming the device with non-compatible paper stocks.
Share information with your LMS in a single step
Learning doesn't only take place in the classroom. Users can scan hardcopy notes and presentations directly from the MP 3554SP TE to a wide range of optional cloud-enabled applications — including to a Blackboard® Learn learning management system (LMS) — in a single automated step. Once in the LMS, instructors can add more details to documents and students can access them from any web-enabled device at any time.
Print on the run*
Make sure students and professors get to class with the latest information at their fingertips. With the MP 3554SP TE, they can use a smartphone, laptop or tablet to print files from your LMS, email or other application directly to the MFP. The files will be ready to print as soon as a user enters their security code at the device to release them.
Find people to help pay for it
Use authentication controls to track who's using the MFP, and who's paying for it. With optional tracking software, you have more information about every user — including student billing information — so you can accurately assign chargebacks to offset operating costs. Reports can be scheduled and sent to administrators automatically to expedite billing processes.
Reduce energy and operating costs
Anybody can use the MFP, but you're the only one paying for it when it's idle. Schedule times for the device to power off when you know the building is closed. Automate meter reads and make adjustments, such as default print settings, to reduce costs even more. Plus, it has an EPEAT® Gold rating and an ENERGY STAR® certification, and low typical electricity consumption (TEC) values, so you can use less energy without compromising productivity.
- One-Dimensional Solid Scanning Through CCD
- 151 lbs., 68.5 kg
- Single Laser Beam Scanning & Electrophotographic Printing
- Auto Paper Select, Auto Tray Switch, Booklet/Magazine Copy, Center/Border Erase, Chapters, Combine Mode, Cover Insertion, Document Server (3,000 File Capacity), Duplex, Electronic/Rotate Sorting, Full-Color VGA Touch Screen Control Panel, ID Card Copy, 8 Job Presets, 25 Job Programs, Negative/Positive, OHP Slip Sheet, Sample Copy, Series Copy, Simple Screen, 1,000 User Codes, User Stamps
Dimensions (WxDxH) (includes ARDF)
- 23.1" x 26.8" x 35.9" (includes ARDF) (587 x 680 x 913 mm)
**Typical electricity consumption by ENERGY STAR program
PRINTER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
- Standard: 10Base-T/100/1000BaseTX Ethernet, USB2.0 (2 ports on back of device, 1 port on Operation Panel), SD slot on Operation Panel, USB2.0 Type A, USB2.0 Type B, & SD Card Slot Optional: IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless LAN, USB Device Server (second NIC), & IEEE 1284 Parallel
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6), IPX/SPX*
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista/7/8/XP, Windows Server 2003/2003R2/2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2; Netware* 6.5 or later, Unix Filters for Sun Solaris, HP-UX, SCO OpenServer, Red Hat Linux, IBM AIX, Mac OS X 10.6 or later, SAP R/3, NDPS Gateway, IBM iSeries/AS/400® using OS/400 Host Print Transform, Citrix Presentation Server 4.5/Citrix Xen App 5.0, 6.0, 6.5
Device Management Utilities
- Web Image Monitor, Embedded @Remote, @Remote Office Appliance, @Remote Enterprise Pro, Device Manager NX Lite and Accounting, Device Manager NX Pro and Enterprise