Share information your way with high-speed copy, print, scan and fax capabilities. The compact and affordable RICOH MP 401SPF Black and White Multifunction Printer lets you easily create, access, protect and distribute your documents with the touch of a button.
Create, access, protect and distribute information
Make it easy for your workers to speed through copying, printing, scanning and faxing tasks and place information into the hands of those who need it. The compact MP 401SPF Black and White multifunction printer (MFP) fits nearly anywhere, even on a desktop, to support busy individuals, small offices or workgroups.
Complete tasks in less time
Save time with built-in productivity features. The embedded optical character reader (OCR) option inserts invisible text or metadata on scanned images, so you can search for and retrieve documents in moments. The ID Card Copy feature allows you to scan two-sided documents like patient insurance cards onto a single sheet of paper.
Be kind to the environment while you're multitasking
The MP 401SPF meets EPEAT® Silver criteria (EPEAT is a global environmental rating system for electronic products) and ENERGY STAR® specifications. The fusing unit only powers up for printing tasks, and default duplex printing saves paper.
Lock down sensitive information
The ability to share information quickly is a competitive advantage, so do it safely. Ask users to authenticate themselves, so you can monitor who's doing what on the device. Help protect images and data on the hard drive with embedded encryption. The DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS) destroys latent hard drive information by overwriting it.
Access convenient cloud-based services
The optional Integrated Cloud Environment (ICE) service from Ricoh lets your workers access cloud-based services without expensive on-site servers, system integration or software updates.
Customize device settings
Complete frequent tasks, like scanning documents directly to an email inbox, in seconds by creating your own shortcuts on the touch panel. When your information is mobile, carry it on a USB stick or SD card that you can insert into the MFP and print — no PC or network connection required.
- LED array
- Dry, single component & electrophotographic printing
- 1 GB (RAM) standard
Output Speed (Copy/Print)
- Up to 42 ppm (Letter)
First Copy Time
- 6 seconds or less
Recovery Time to Print Ready Mode
- Less than 14 seconds (from main power switch on)
- 600 x 600 dpi (platen), 600 x 300 (ARDF)
- 256 levels
- Manual and automatic
- Up to 99
Document Feeder (Standard)
- Automatic Reversing Document Feeder (ARDF)
- 50 sheets (ARDF)
- 5.5" x 8.5" to 8.5" x 14" (A4/A5/A6/B5/B6/ Legal/Letter/HLT/Executive/Folio) Trays Custom Size: 3.94" x 5.82" to 8.50" x 14.0" (100 x 148 mm to 216 x 356 mm) Bypass Custom Size: 2.37" x 5" to 8.5" x 35.43" (60 x 127 mm to 216 x 900 mm)
- 14 – 43 lb. Bond (52 – 162 g/m2)
- Up to 8.5" x 11"
- Standard: 500 sheets + 100-Sheet Bypass Tray
Optional: 500 sheets x 1 or 2 Trays, 250 sheets x 1 or 2 trays
Maximum capacity: 1,600 sheets
- 16.5" x 16.8" x 19.0" (419 x 427 x 484 mm) – includes ARDF
- 50.6 lbs./ Less than 23 kg
- 120V, 60Hz
- Less than 1.180 kW (max)
- 1.756 kWh/week***
- ID Copy, Eco-Friendly Indicator, Auto Tray Switch, Document Server**, MFP Browser**, Image Rotation, Power On/Off Timer, Auto Start, Auto Off Timer, Combine Copy, Electronic Sort, Energy Saver Timer, Photo Mode, Series Copy, Margin Adjust, Cover/Slip Sheets, Job Programs (25), User Codes (8 digits, 1,000 Personal Codes), Unauthorized Copy Control
*Bypass Tray only.
**HDD option required.
*** Typical Electricity Consumption by ENERGY STAR program.
- RM7035C - 533MHｚ
- Standard: 1 GB RAM, Optional 250 GB HDD
Page Description Languages
- Standard: PCL5e/6, Genuine Adobe® PostScript®3™, XPS (available as an option)
Maximum Print Resolution
- 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Ethernet (RJ-45 network port: 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T), USB 2.0
- IEEE 1284, Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n)
- TCP/IP (IPv4, IPv6)
Fonts for PCL5e/6
- 45 Roman fonts and 13 international fonts
Fonts for PS3
- 136 Roman fonts
Network Operating Systems
- Windows XP/Server 2003/Vista/Server 2008/7/8/Server 2012; UNIX Filters for Sun Solaris 2.6/7/8/9/10; HP-UX 10.x/11.x/11iv2/11iv3; Red Hat Linux Enterprise V4, V5, V6; SCO OpenServer 5.0.6/5.0.7/6.0; IBM AIX Version 5.3, 6.1, 7.1; SAP R/3, 3.x or later, mySAP ERP2004 or later; Mac OSX 10.2 or later; Citrix Metaframe XP/ Presentation Server 4/5/XenApp 5.0, 6.0
- Web SmartDeviceMonitor, Web Image Monitor, @Remote, Device Manager NX
- Media Direct Print (Print from USB/SD)1, Mobile Driver, Bonjour Support, Classification Code, Mail to Print1, PDF Direct Print, Sample/Hold/Stored/Locked/Scheduled Print1, Store and Print1, Banner Page Print, Auto Job Promotion, Windows Active Directory Support, DDNS Support, WS Printer, PCL Resident Font Adoption, Tray-Parameter Change from WebImageMonitor, XPS Support 1HDD option required.
- Single/Multi Page TIFF, Single/Multi Page PDF, Single/Multi Page High Compression PDF and Single/Multi Page PDF/A; Single Page JPEG
Scan-to modes supported
- Scan-to-USB/SD, Scan-to-Email (POP, SMTP,TCP/IP)1; Scan-to-Folder (SMB/FTP/NCP)1,2;Scan-to-URL1; Network TWAIN Scanning; WSD Scanner for Vista
- Distributed Scan Management, PDF Encryption, Preview Before Transmission (TX Preview)1, Drop Out Color Send, Simultaneous Fax and Scan, Scan-to-PDF/A and Digitally Signed PDF, LDAP Support, TWAIN Scanning
1 HDD option required.
2 Netware option required
- PSTN, PBX
- 200 x 100 dpi, 200 x 200 dpi
- 33.6K – 2,400 bps with Automatic Fallback
- MH, MR, MMR, JBIG
- Up to 22 SPM (Letter/A4)
- G3: Approx. 2 seconds/page (w/JBIG compression)
- 12 hours
- 12 hours
- 1,000 (2,000 with HDD Option)
- 100 groups
User Function Key
- 3 keys
- Detection of Misplaced Documents, Double Check Destination Address, Direct SMTP, Simultaneous Fax and Scan, Fax Forward to Email/Folder, Internet Fax (T.37)1, IP Fax (T.38)*, LAN Fax, Paperless Fax*, LDAP Support