Want to make color a bigger part of your document strategy? The Lanier SP C830DN Color Laser Printer offers full-color printing at up to 45 pages per minute (ppm) and delivers outstanding image quality. Share information more effectively by adding a greater depth of color, putting images to work and staying on point — and on budget.
Broaden your output range
Expand your media choices by using thinner paper stocks, envelopes and paper sizes from internal paper trays. Plus, gain support for stocks up to 170 lb. Index via the bypass tray. Enjoy vibrant 4-bit color technology to create impressive images with 9600 x 600 dpi equivalent resolution. Plus, the proprietary, oil-free polyester polymerization (PxP) toner delivers smooth gradations for crisp lines and sharp color reproductions.
Use more options to connect and print
The Standard USB 2.0 and 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet interfaces align with simple peer-to-peer and shared use environments. Dual USB 2.0 host interfaces provide a direct connection to third-party external devices. Or, choose optional Gigabit, Wireless LAN and parallel interfaces to meet unique network requirements. Also, print documents on the go using convenient USB and SD media ports integrated directly into the control panel.
Fine-tune your finish performance
Take advantage of multiple finishing options to stack, staple and hole-punch documents. Add the 1,200-sheet side large capacity tray to boost paper supply to a max 4,400 sheets and extend high-volume performance. Capitalize on high-volume multi-position stapling with the 3,000-sheet finisher. Or, add the optional 2,000-sheet inline booklet finisher to cost-effectively produce a range of full-color booklets.
Become more agile
Complete tasks using the tilting 4.3" color touchscreen control panel. Enjoy simple menu navigation and one-touch access to jobs, system status and frequently used shortcuts. Breeze through tasks using familiar icons, and keep print operations moving smoothly with standard step-by-step, animated guidance features. Additionally, preview jobs before they print to help decrease user error, reduce paper use and achieve more accurate results.
Get superior document defense
Your important documents are worth protecting. The SP C830DN lets you establish user-authentication controls so documents are restricted by various protocols, such as individual pin codes or ID cards. The optional 250GB Hard Disk supports the DataOverwriteSecurity System (DOSS), which automatically erases any latent data left behind after each print job. The hard drive also supports data encryption, as well as the Locked Print feature, which only releases documents to authorized users.
Exercise anytime management
Ensure that the SP C830DN is ready when you are. Manage proactively using the standard Web Image Monitor, Device Manager NX and Ricoh @Remote tool. From the convenience of your desktop, you can check on its device usage, automate meter reads and get toner alerts to help eliminate surprises and reduce downtime.
Get features that help sustain
Embrace features that align with your environmental commitment. The SP C830DN uses advanced fusing technology that requires less power. Choose if the printer turns off automatically or enters Sleep mode. Also, the device has a low Typical Electricity Consumption (TEC) value** (as determined by ENERGY STAR® program testing requirements), an EPEAT®* Gold rating and is ENERGY STAR certified, so it uses less energy. Also, our consumable and product recycling programs make it easy to recycle.
- Desktop Color Laser Beam Printer
- Laser-beam scanning & electrophotographic printing with dual component toner development, 4-drum tandem method
- 4.3" color touch screen with integrated USB 2.0 host port and SD card slot
- 45-ppm b&w and full-color
- 29 seconds or less
First Print Speed
- Black & White: 3.7 seconds or less
Full Color: 5.7 seconds or less
Duplex Print Speed
- Near 100% productivity for all paper sizes
- 300 x 300-dpi (1-bit), 600 x 600-dpi (2-bit) (Default), 600 x 600-dpi (1-bit, 4-bit), 1200 x 1200 dpi (1-bit)
Standard Paper Supply
- 550 x 2 Paper Tray + 100-Sheet Bypass Tray (1,200 sheets total capacity)
- Standard: 500 sheets, face down (8.5" x 11" or smaller); 250 sheets, face down (8.5" x 14" or larger); Maximum: Up to 4,000 sheets with Finisher, Bridge Unit and 4-Bin Mailbox
- Standard Tray 1: Fixed for Letter (8.5" x 11") (216 x 279mm), A4, A5 Standard Tray 2 and Optional Paper Feed Units: User adjustable for Letter (8.5" x 11"), Legal (8.5" x 14"), Exec (10.5" x 7.25"), Ledger (11" x 17"), A3, A4, A5; Custom Sizes: 5.83" x 7.17" – 11.69" x 17" (148 x 182mm – 297 x 432mm) Envelopes: Com10, C5 Bypass Tray: User adjustable for 5.5" x 8.5" – 11" x 17" (140 x 216mm – 279 x 432mm); Custom Sizes: 3.55" x 5.83" – 12" x 49.6" (90 x 148mm – 305 x 1260mm) Envelopes: Com10, Monarch, C5, C6, DL Optional 2,000-Sheet LCT and Optional 1,200-Sheet Side LCT: Fixed for Letter (8.5" x 11") (216 x 279mm), A4 When Duplexing: 3.55" x 5.83" – 11.69" x 17" (90 x 148mm x 279 x 432mm)
- Standard Trays, Optional Paper Feed Units,
and Optional 2,000-Sheet LCT: 14 – 68 lb.
Bond/ 140 lb. Index (52 – 256 g/m²)
Bypass Tray: 14 – 82 lb. Bond/170 lb. Index
(52 – 300 g/m²)
Optional 1,200-Sheet Side LCT: 16 – 58 lb.
Bond/120 lb. Index (60 – 216 g/m²)
Duplex Unit: 14 – 45 lb. Bond/90 lb. Index
(52 – 169 g/m²)
- All Sources: Plain Paper, Recycled Paper, Color Paper, Letterhead, Special Paper 1-3, Card Stock, Bond Paper, Preprinted Paper Envelopes: Com10 and C5 envelopes can be fed using Standard Tray 2, Bypass Tray and Optional Paper Feed Units Bypass Only: Labels, OHP, Coated Paper Envelopes: Com10, Monarch, C5, C6, DL
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Base Model: 26.4" x 26.9" x 25.2" (670 x 684 x 640 mm)
- Base Model: Less than 213 lb. (97 kg)
- 120 – 127V, 60Hz
- 2.033 kWH/week
- 1.1 W (Sleep Mode)
- 1,584 W or less; Sleep: 1.2 W or less; Energy Star Tier 1.1 compliant
PRINT CONTROLLER SPECIFICATIONS (STANDARD)
- Intel Celeron-M 600MHz
- Standard 512 MB RAM/Maximum 1.5 GB RAM
Hard Disk Drive
- * Optional 250 GB
- Standard: PCL 5c, PCL 6, Adobe® PostScript®3™, PDF Direct Print, Direct Media Print (JPEG/TIFF) Optional: PictBridge, Genuine IPDS Host Print, XPS (via download), Universal Driver (via download)
- 10/100Base-TX Ethernet, High Speed USB 2.0 Type B, Dual USB 2.0 Host Type A, USB 2.0 Type A/SD Card Slot integrated into Control Panel (for Print From Portable Media)
- Gigabit Ethernet (1000Base-T) Type D, IEEE 802.11a/g Wireless LAN Type L, IEEE 1284/ ECP Parallel Interface Type A
- Standard: TCP/IP (IPv6)
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, Server 2003/R2, Server 2008/R2; Citrix Presentation Server 4.5, Citrix XenApp 5.0+; Mac OS X v10.4 – 10.7; SAP R/3; Novell NetWare Server 6.5 (option is required), UNIX (Using Ricoh UNIX filter): Sun Solaris 2.6/7/8/9/10, HP-UX 10.x/11.x/11i v2/11i v3, SCO OpenServer 5.0.6/5.0.7/6.0, RedHat Linux Enterprise 4/5/6, IBM AIX 5L version 5.3/6.1/7.1
- SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin and Client; SmartDeviceMonitor for Admin Accounting Report Package; Web SmartDeviceMonitor; Web Image Monitor; Remote Communication Gate Type S; @Remote