One size does fit all. Whether your workgroup is large or small, the Lanier SP C242DN color laser printer can meet your specific color output requirements, improve productivity and reduce total cost of ownership. This innovative color laser printer streamlines workflow with a host of standard features that simplify administrative and maintenance tasks. Its compact size and user-friendly controls are ideal for any organization that values space as well as its bottom line. It even uses less power than other printers in its class. Choose the Lanier SP C242DN as your office’s workhorse printer or incorporate it as part of an integrated Managed Document Service (MDS) strategy and improve efficiency.
Produce sharp text and brilliant color images for about the same cost-per-page as black-and-white output with innovative Economy Color Mode technology. It uses less toner to deliver comparable quality and superior savings.
Improve energy efficiency by using only a few watts of energy during print jobs. Typical electricity consumption (TEC) is lower than other printers in its class.
Print two-sided documents with standard automatic duplexing and reduce paper use, energy consumption and overall costs.
Choose from standard or high-yield All-In-One (AIO) print cartridge technology to streamline consumables purchasing and inventory.
Replace top-loading AIO print cartridges in seconds without IT support. Return depleted cartridges for recycling at no cost.
Deliver up to 21 pages-per-minute in color, black-and-white or mixed output for consistent, reliable performance during every print job.
Create high-quality business documents with crisp lines and vivid colors with true 600 x 600 dpi to 2,400 x 600 dpi equivalent resolution without losing any output speed.
Enhance productivity and minimize wait times for prints with first print speeds of less than 14 seconds for full color and black and white, and fast warm-up times of 30 seconds or less.
Expedite print queues and manage multiple jobs with ease via a powerful 400 MHz controller and 256MB RAM. An optional external wireless Ethernet adaptor simplifies shared use in expanding offices.
Support a variety of network environments with PCL and PostScript 3 emulation including both Windows and Macintosh network environments, IPv6 and Bonjour applications and Citrix MetaFrame distributed print environments.
Connect quickly and print images directly from a PictBridge-enabled digital camera using the standard USB 2.0 interface.
Manage printer network settings, fleet utilization and check consumable levels remotely with Web Image Monitor.
Accommodate thicker paper stocks with up to 42 lb. Bond/83 lb. Index and meet a wider range of print demands, including labels, transparencies and envelopes.
Install the optional 500-sheet Paper Feed Unit beneath the printer and increase paper supply to 751 sheets without increasing the footprint—making it ideal for home offices, cubicles, kiosks and retail counters where space is limited.
Handle special or single-page jobs with ease without having to reconfigure paper sizes in the Bypass Tray.
Manage printer functions, error conditions and maintenance settings with the intuitive, easy-to-use control panel.
MAIN UNIT SPECIFICATIONS
- Laser beam scanning, color electrophotographic printing with monocomponent toner development 4 tandem drum method
- 600 x 600 dpi (Default) (Speed mode), 1200 x 600 dpi equivalent (Standard mode), 2400 x 600 dpi equivalent (Fine mode)
Print Speed (Letter)
- 21-ppm (full-color and black & white)
- 30 seconds or less
First Print Speed
- 14 seconds or less (full color and black & white)
- Standard & Bypass Tray: Letter (8.5" x 11"), Legal (8.5" x 14"), EXEC (10.5" x 7.25"), Half Letter (5.5" x 8.5"), A4 (8.3" x 11.7"), A5 (5.8" x 8.3"), A6 (4.1" x 5.8"), B5 JIS (7.2" x 10.1"), B6 JIS (5.0" x 7.2"), F (8" x 13"), Foolscap (8.5" x 13"), Folio (8.25" x 13"), 16 Kai (7.6" x 10.5") Envelopes: Com10, Monarch, C5, C6, DL Custom size: Min. 90 mm x 148 mm (3.6" x 5.92"), Max. 216 mm x 356 mm (8.64" x 14.24") Opt. Paper Feed Unit: Letter (8.5" x 11"), A4 (8.3" x 11.7")
- Standard and Bypass Tray: 16 – 42 lb. Bond/83 lb. Index (60 – 160 g/m2) Opt. Paper Feed Unit: 16 – 28 lb. Bond (60 – 105 g/m2)
Standard Paper Supply
- 250-sheet Paper Tray + 1-sheet Bypass Tray
Optional Paper Supply
- 500-sheet Paper Feed Unit
Maximum Paper Capacity
- 751 sheets
- 150 sheets (Face down)
Acceptable Paper Types
- Standard Tray: Thin Paper, Plain Paper, Middle Thick, Thick Paper, Recycled Paper, Color Paper, Preprinted Paper, Prepunched Paper, Letterhead, Bond Paper, Cardstock, Labels, Envelopes Bypass Tray: Thin Paper, Plain Paper, Middle Thick, Thick Paper, Recycled Paper, Color Paper, Prepunched Paper, Letterhead, Bond Paper, Cardstock, Labels, Envelopes